WineXpert Anyone else with PBD?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biddle68

Junior
Reaction score
Anyone else suffering from Post Bottling Depression?

I just completed my first ever batch, WE VR Gewerztraminer, and I was very excited that everything came out well!

The only problem was I had this overwhelming sense of "what now?"

The bad news: my closest home brew shop is an hour and a half away

The good news: 4 days after bottling my mother-in-law needed a ride to the airport, she is leaving for 4 months and the home brew shop is just a few minutes from the airport! (win-win!!)

Now I'm working on my second batch- WE WV Moscato

I'm hooked!

So what is the problem ?

I always have something in carboys if I ever need the feel to bottle - LOL

I just completed my first ever batch, WE VR Gewerztraminer, and I was very excited that everything came out well!

that's what the bottles are for. i recommend at least one per day till the next kit is in the bottles and then repeat. i suggest you involve the spouse or ..............

cheers

I get a little of that from time to time. I like to let the bottles sit at least a few weeks (a few months if I can handle it). It's just a whole new world of anticipation and deprivation.

Your closest supplier for kits is your computer.. I have bought several kits and frozen must buckets on Amazon.
The freight will be less than the fuel you would burn.

With your nearest LHBS an hour and a half drive away online purchases make, for you in my opinion, a lot of sense.

Personally with my LHBS about 35 minutes away I prefer making my purchases there. I like that they have wine and beer samples to taste. I enjoy the banter with the owners and workers when the business is not to busy. I enjoy looking at the products on the shelves and occasionally making an impulse buy.

Your closest supplier for kits is your computer.. I have bought several kits and frozen must buckets on Amazon.
The freight will be less than the fuel you would burn.

Frozen must from Amazon? I've got to look into that. Was it any good?

I know one of our forum sponsors, WineGrapesDirect, sells from Amazon (and eBay). I've been eyeing their Chenin Blanc for a while...

The bad news: my closest home brew shop is an hour and a half away

The good news: 4 days after bottling my mother-in-law needed a ride to the airport, she is leaving for 4 months and the home brew shop is just a few minutes from the airport! (win-win!!)

Now I'm working on my second batch- WE WV Moscato

I'm hooked!

I get depressed when my primary is empty! I bottled 18 gallons a while ago and all my equipment was idle. Depressed? No. Motivated to get more going? Yes

Your mother in law is leaving for 4 months? You should be happy as ever!!! ;)

Dragons blood is always just a grocery store away. Buy the fruit make the wine. :D

Now I understand why u bottled. Let the celebration begin!

I know one of our forum sponsors, WineGrapesDirect, sells from Amazon (and eBay). I've been eyeing their Chenin Blanc for a while...

I just received a bottle of this wine as a gift from them. Looking to open it up on Christmas. Will report back on the taste for you. It's a 2012 I believe.

The best treatment for PBD is to have a dozen or so carboys bulk aging that you started at different times. That way you always have something that about ready to bottle :) in our case we are having the opposite problem. We have about a half dozen kits that we had planned to bottle a month or more ago and haven't gotten to yet and that's after we bottled three batches last weekend. Good thing is they are only getting better while they wait for us to get around to bottling them. So I guess it's a good problem to have.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Latest posts

Back