Anyone Else Melting Out There?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
@1:30 - 117 on both of my gauges, about 24% Humidity. My little AC in the winery is holding it's own and keeping between 75 and 74. My future home site in the center of Arizona is just at 100 degrees right now. Can't wait to get out there.117Temp.JPG

@1:30 - 117 on both of my gauges, about 24% Humidity. My little AC in the winery is holding it's own and keeping between 75 and 74. My future home site in the center of Arizona is just at 100 degrees right now. Can't wait to get out there.
We actually have a cold front moving through. Our dewpoints tonight may get into the low 50's, will be nice after a few weeks of them hanging out above 70*F. It's rare we hit 100 around here, but anything above 90*F is usually accompanied by high humidity (the kind that fogs up your glasses when you first walk outside). I can't imagine 117.1*F even in the shade!

High 70s here today. Sweltering. Usually in the 60s, so this “hot” weather is almost too much. If only it would stay this warm for more than a week, I could get acclimated.

No more melting here than usual, it’s alwaus hot here June - September. I sure live in the wrong place for a guy who hates hot weather, but the other months are quite nice.

Finally cooled off overnight and the humidity dropped. We've been in the mid 90's with 80+% humidity for a while now. Heat indices over 105. High in the low 80's with low humidity today and my friend is having his annual pool party - perfect!

It's been in the upper 90s (heat indices around 105) with 70% humidity here in Indiana. It finally cooled down yesterday, but the heat will be back soon. I'm just glad I'm not living in a house with aluminum siding anymore!

Three incredibly nice days coming up for us. Woke up to 55*F, a nice dew on the grass. Was wearing a sweatshirt to cook some bacon outside. Just turned the AC off and opened the windows. 10:15 am and 74*F with a 55*F dewpoint (RH 49%). Boy I'm gonna enjoy this for what it's worth. Have so many projects lined up I'll be lucky if I can walk at work Monday.

Three incredibly nice days coming up for us. Woke up to 55*F, a nice dew on the grass. Was wearing a sweatshirt to cook some bacon outside. Just turned the AC off and opened the windows. 10:15 am and 74*F with a 55*F dewpoint (RH 49%). Boy I'm gonna enjoy this for what it's worth. Have so many projects lined up I'll be lucky if I can walk at work Monday.

Wow, actually cooler here. 70F and 50% RH. Got a 5 mile run in a few hours ago - it was glorious!

No more melting here than usual, it’s alwaus hot here June - September. I sure live in the wrong place for a guy who hates hot weather, but the other months are quite nice.
That's why you made your wine room, ambient temperatures in the high 50's, right? I could see a chair, a garbage can, a cork screw of some sort, maybe a hi-def TV and a urinal. I'd never leave the room but to sleep and do the lawn and maybe occasionally grill something on the roof (not with a grill, but with the roof).

I betcha that @Kraffty could cook scrambled eggs on a dark sheet of metal in the sun at 117.1*F.

Summer time in Texas, 101 yesterday with almost zero wind. Perfect day to work in a rifle and check some hand loads. Come home and enjoy the pool. You get used to it.

Took stock of the backyard yesterday and was shocked at how badly some of my plants handled the heat. Syrah grapes the size of peas went from light green to black, over-dried raisins, well watered succulents completely brown and dead on exactly the half facing south and Staghorns I've been growing for over 30 years badly damaged but salvageable. At least it was about 10 degrees cooler yesterday and another 10 cooler today, just barely over 100.
Staghorn.JPG Succulent.JPG Syrah.JPG

Latest posts

Back