Other Anybody Ever Make a Kit from WineMakers Choice-Premium Reserve

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerryF

Reaction score
UPDATE Well no responses yet but I went ahead with the kit anyway. Started out at SG 1.100 ( + 1 1/3# dextrose) and 80 grams med toast american oak chips and on day 6 it had dropped to 1.000 with some fermentation still going on (not as vigorous though) so I transferred to secondary and put under air lock. Planning to run it to as low as it'll get but somewhere around 0.992 - 0.990 should be achievable from the looks of things. I've been able to keep the temp at 73-75F throughout so far. My only problem is; what if this turns out to be a really great wine? Don't think I can find this exact same kit anymore!. For what it's worth folks. Jerry

"A friend just gave me a french beaujolais kit (one of two that he picked up somewhere - a big box store chain probably) supposed to be from french gamay grapes? In any event, all I can find on the kit box or on the instruction sheet is that it's made by Wine Makers Choice and it's from their Premium Reserve group. At first I was skeptical it was any good because there was a layer of dust all over the boxes but, I found a "good for" date stamped on it for July, 2013. I've never run across this brand anywhere before and I certainly don't see any references to it on WMT. Does anyone have any experience with this brand kit or can tell me anything to watch for? I'm thinking I might throw it together this week." Jerry :a1

Last edited:
I've make a few from this brand. In fact the best pinot noir I've ever made was this 'cheap Zellers kit'.
The important thing to watch for is the date - check the age of the kit to ensure the yeast is still good, etc.

Jerry, I have not heard of WineMakers Choice-Premium Reserve. I suspect that it is a brand that is not sold in the States. From what you have written, it sounds like a good kit. How many liters of juice were in the kit and what was the price? Being a Beaujolais, it should be an early drinker.

Jerry, I have not heard of WineMakers Choice-Premium Reserve. I suspect that it is a brand that is not sold in the States. From what you have written, it sounds like a good kit. How many liters of juice were in the kit and what was the price? Being a Beaujolais, it should be an early drinker.
Sold at Zellers. Be lucky if it's 7 litres of concentrate.

Steve

cpfan - 7 litres sounds about right.

It's a low cost kit sold at the Canadian Zellers stores for around $40-45.
Good for beginners and not a bad kit for the price.

Latest posts

Back