Any Vinemetrica SC 300 experienced users/owners?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrJayman

Reaction score
I have had a hard time finding help/confirmation on this so thougth I would post it. I added a Vinemetrica SC 300 a few months back but have only used the so2 tester twice now, (Have a milwaukee for PH which just seems easier than changing electrodes.)

I have watched the youtuve video for the Sc 100 but can find little or now guidance for the SC300 in determining the endpoint. On my sc 300 while stirring/additing titrant, I get all sort of rapidly changing numbers and I don't see this occuring on the youtube video. Do these numbers mean anything at all????

I do get to where the light stays on and tone stays as well, but find the numbers confusing or what point do they really serve? They go up into the 100's, 400's, 1000's etc.

Any input/experience appreciated for wine prosperity....

Jay

Thanks, guys.

I had not found that video, but confess I looked on youtube where I did find the sc100 video. From the looks of the video I have been doing everything correctly, (although I still wonder what all those random/changing numbers mean! Just the way I am....)

Do you end up with a logical final reading?
You could always e-mail the company with your concers and see what they have to say.
I only own the SC-100 and SC-200 so I have no hands on with the SC-300.

I don't think even the final numbers mean anything on that test. It is all about the beeps or blinking lights. I could be wrong.

lol....i have the sc100a...just used it for the first time...don`t know what the numbers are either....but came up with 62ppm, on my 1 month old WS super tuscan...i have a bit of fine lees, and what to arange my racking with k-meta dosing....gonna wait another month...i think the number to maintain is in the mid 20`s....not sure....post up if you call vinmetrica and ask about the ever changing numbers.....good luck....lol

Back