Any "tried & true" cranberry wine recipes?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbrblue

Reaction score
A friend is supposed to be giving me several pounds of fresh cranberries in about 2 weeks to make some wine. All the recipes I've found I'm not sure about. Anyone tried something that's "good"? Also, what yeast is recommended.

Cranberry
Have never used it as Ive never made cranberry wine from fresh berries as of yet but hae used these recipes a few times and like to up the amount of fruit a tad more then listed myself, just watch the acid level.

Thanks. The others I've found used rasins in the recipe. I wasn't too sure how well that would taste.

I made a Cranberry Wine using store bought juices that were blended and WinExpert Red Grape Concentrate...it turned out pretty good.

Hope to get some fresh Cranberries this year and make a batch using real fruit.

I think the raisins work like the Red Grape Concentrate and add body....You could try some Niagara frozen juice concentrate or even frozen apple juice concentrate.....would give you different flavors and add body....

Just my 2¢.....
smiley4.gif

My friends best wine is cranberry. He uses the recipe above with raisins and tannin. I wish mine was as good.

Thanks "Rockey" for the perspective. Never even tried Cranberry. My specialties are Red Rasberry, Blueberry, Strawberry and Riesling.

Yeast for this Cranberry? I'd guess 71B-1112? Not sure. EC-1118 works for a lot but this is a "red" fruit.

I typically use Red Star Montrachet or Cotes Des Blanc for my fruit wines but 71B is also a good choice. I prefer not to use 1118 except for red grape wines as its a rather aggressive yeast and can mask fruit flavors.

Been awhile Cajun, glad to see you back and just in time to help someone out with a tried and true recipe!

Thanks Cajun. When I first started doing the fruit wines it didn't take long to realize most of them get some sediment after sitting about a year. I started using sparkloid in everything, no matter how clear it looked. The last 4-5 years the bottles have been "clean".

Latest posts

Back