WineXpert Any thing I can do?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is how I use glycerin if needed. Glycerin will add body without sweetening. Use with Caution.

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=135183#post135183

I have an Argentine Malbec that is one week into clearing. It was a 15L 6 week kit. Though I haven't sampled it yet, I would expect it has ample body. I find that the 6 week kits are far superior to any of the cheaper ones.

The girls at the brew store gave me a RJS 10L Grand Cru Valpolicella that seemed to be leaking when they got their order in. It was free so I gave it a try. When sampled as it moved along from carboy to carboy, there was a definite difference from any of the 6 week kits I've done. It tasted thin, lacked flavour and body even though the SG was where the instructions said it should be. I will be using the glycerin and oak on this one in 5 months or so if it hasn't improved.

Always keep the quality of the kit in mind when you judge your wine.

Cheers

Glycerin

:mny Although you can use it for a thickening agent it really doesn't have the body to doing a lot,it is usually used in the back finishing of liquors, because of its consistency and the sweetening strength of it is usually used only finishing of liquors.:mny

Fixed, I hope

I found the red grape concentrate & the glycerin at a local shop in Lancaster Ohio.

I added the 1 liter of red grape concentrate. It brought the flavor & mouth feel up significantly.

I did not add any glycerin, it tastes much better & I believe is thick enough.

Thanks for all the advice.

Brian

As a finishing comment to this thread, the red grape concentrate really made a big difference. Not sure if my wine tastes like a malbec should, but it does taste very nice.

Thanks from te tip

Brian

Where can we get this?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00348D76Y/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

41xygk0o7ML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back