• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Antique Fruit Crusher

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bought this along with some other wine making equipment, thought I would through it out to you guys for first dibs.
Asking $200 plus shipping ( my guess between $30 and $50 for shipping)
any thoughts??
More info, its a Hoozier red cross brand. Some of the graphics are still there. I would use this as more of a looking at piece than a using piece.

dougs 184.jpg

dougs 185.jpg

dougs 186.jpg

Would not be suprised. I'm sure size is a factor as well. Most of the ones I've seen on CL appear to be smaller and are probably for the home market; so, all things are relative.

That's a nice crusher. It looks like it could chew through apples pretty well. I may be interested if it is in good enough condition to actually use. I can't afford to buy equipment just for looks at this time. Do you think it can be made into a reliable workhorse?

My thought is the antique value is worth more than the useable factor. If it was in worse shape I would rebuild it my self to use, but it's in that mid grade shape where I don't think it ( the wood part) would hold up to use but its not falling apart either.
The hopper measures 19x19 and the legs are 32" long. Height is 12". The teeth area is 9" across.
In its day it looks like it could chew through some stuff!

Last edited:
My thought is the antique value is worth more than the useable factor. If it was in worse shape I would rebuild it my self to use, but it's in that mid grade shape where I don't think it ( the wood part) would hold up to use but its not falling apart either.
The hopper measures 19x19 and the legs are 32" long. Height is 12". The teeth area is 9" across.
In its day it looks like it could chew through some stuff!

You will be surprised how well those will hold up.

I bought one several years ago - to this day I still use it. Crushed several varietals with it, apples and strawberries.

Couple nails want to back out on the wood edges - hammer and nail set and it is back in place...

Latest posts

Back