ANOTHER STRAWBERRY WINE

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Racked the Strawberry Wine today....It tastes a little too fruity [flabby].....It's good, but doesn't have enough bite to it....maybe should have left the oak, vanilla beans and peppercorns in there longer.

Do you think I could add more acid blend and tannin at this point???? It's been going for about 5 weeks now and is in the 'clearing stage'....

I used
7 tsp ACID BLEND
4 tsp LIQUID TANNIN
In a 6 1/2 gallon batch.
Used only 2 oz of toasted oak for a few days in the primary with the other 'flavorings'.

I have no idea about the level...I need an "Acid Test Kit for Dummies".

The accuvin test is VERY EASY and Im a dummy when it comes to this
stuff, The only time it doesnt work for me is with a dark red wine. I
think the addition of acid if you so desire would be fine at any point
but like sweetening, is hard to lower but can be done with calcium
carb. but lets not get to that point. Maybe it just needs some time to
let its true flavor come out!

With this racking some didn't fit into the carboy, so it was put conveniently into a glass.........I tasted some more of it......it's getting better with age as the day goes by.........
post_button_smiley.gif

Bottled the Strawberry/Red Grape wine today...

StrawberrySmall.jpg

It had been stable and clear for awhile and I need carboys....so seemed like a good day to get it in the bottle.

It is a nice red wine full of Strawberry flavor...

Edited by: Northern Winos

The addition of the extra acid and a little time under its belt was all it needed then?
Edited by: wade

Looks mighty good NW.......So what will the carboys be entertaining now?

Wade...I didn't add any more acid. Today it just tasted right...tasting better with every sip.

Waldo....mixed up a Chokecherry Wine before the bottling bucket/primary knew what hit it. In a few days going to try a Sandcherry/Red Grape...Usually I mixed the Sandcherries with the Chokecherries....this way making them at the same time I can blend at bottling time, maybe try it withsome bottles of each and a blend...time will tell......Ain't this fun.

Latest posts

Back