WineXpert Another Newbie in Trouble

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used the Claro K-C this morning before I left for work. Cannot tell any real appreciabe mmount of difference as of this evening. I have my bottles sanitized and ready and think I may set the carboy outside for tonight and see what the drop in temp might accomplish. Probably too short term to make any difference but I have a need to experiment and have no fridge which to put the carboy in.

That will work. If given enough time. May I suggest putting it where it will be in the shade all day, including when the sun first comes up. Post ta be cool enough for a few days.

7:30 PM on 10/21/05 I decided to go ahead and bottle my Peach. I sanitized my already cleaned bottles and put them onthe bottletree to dry. Around 11pm I racked the Peach into a Primary Fermenter. Gathered my bottles and began bottling.

2005-10-22_075038_bottles_sterilized.jpg

This session went far better than my first bottling experience ( Knowledge is Powerful ) Only had one incident wher the bottle filler did not shut off on one bottle and I overfilled it just a tad.

2005-10-22_075223_bottling_peach_102205.jpg

2005-10-22_075311_peach_in_bottles.jpg

The corking was an experience. I had three that popped back out pretty quick and several that did not go fully into the bottle. They are still protruding about 1/8" above the top of the bottle but I am going to leave them like that. I will trim them off before I Install the shrink capsules permanently.

2005-10-22_075348_peach_corked.jpg

Labeling went pretty smooth. I think I am getting better at getting them on straight I "invented"
smiley36.gif
a neat way to clean the outside of the bottle again before labeling. It worked pretty well. Just make sure there is not too much water in the pitcher before you dunk your first filled bottle in. I did not
smiley9.gif

2005-10-22_075822_cleaning_bottles_before_labeling.jpg

2005-10-22_075430_labels_on_peach.jpg

The finished product. Well, almost finished anyway. Going to wait a couple of days before I shrink the capsules to make sure I have no more corks pop out. Perhaps Santa will bring me a new floor corker. This wine will need at least a year of ageing to reach it's potential.

2005-10-22_075510_shrink_caps_on_peach.jpg
Edited by: Waldo

Latest posts

Back