another new northern MN wine maker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moose

Reaction score
I got a wine expert vintners reserve Borolo style kit and some equipment for Christmas. We started it up this morning and am excited to see what happens! This site has been very helpful. Thanks to you all for the great hints and tips.

And a hearty Welcome to you moose. How did you come by that name? I always wanted to hunt moose before-do you guys have enough there for a hunting season?

Good luck with the kit and if you have questions, you know where to go.

What amerry christmas huh! I hope you enjoy your new kit
Welcome to the forum!

Moose, welcome to the forum! Where in NW Minnesota are you? There's getting to be quite a few of us here on the forum!
Let us know how things go with your kit.

Welcome Moose, now youll be hooked! You might as well start ordering more carboys and start a wish list.

Speaking of hooked, I listen to you guys about everything. Everything. So why didn't I listen when you told me it was addicting? I placed my first order with George on 12/6. It is now 12/29 and I have two batches in carboys, one in the primary, one kit sitting unopened in a cabinet, and just ordered another kit and carboy from George. Not to mention that I went out and bought a filter and some other goodies. The best part of the whole thing, I haven't tasted a drop of my wine yet!! The moral of the story, Moose, buckle up you're in for a wild ride.

woooow!!
smiley3.gif
That was fastEdited by: kaluba

Thanks everyone. Already starting to think of which kind next. Just put a brewers belt around the primary fermenter. Have it in our dining room and want to keep it a constant temp. Hope that is the right thing to do. It is at 72 degrees now. The house thermostat is set to go down to 62 at 10 p.m. until 6 in the morning. Any thoughts about what I'm doing? Any help would be appreciated. By the way, we are located 60 miles north of Duluth, MN.

Welcome to the forum moose. Glad to have you onboard and look forward to having you share your experences with the rest of us. One essential item George has yet to add to his starter kits is a digital camera and a pamplet with "How to post pictures on the forum"

Moose, what do you have the thermostat at during the day? Once that gets fermenting good you may not need the brewing belt until it starts slowing down as the fermentation will make its own heat. I have my kit going in my basement where the temp in my winemaking room is at around 63* and I turn off the brew once it gets going and it stays around 70*. I keep an eye on the temp with one of these.
<table ="Catalog" id="products" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><t><tr><td ="table" align="default" width="2%"><div align="center">5426 </td>
<td width="5%"><div align="center">
%5Cimages%5C2599_sm.jpg
</td>
<td width="20%">

Dual Scale Liquid Thermometer

Adhesive
backing for attaching to outside of plastic or glass containers for
accurate inside reading. Horizontal readings in 2° increments. 8" x 1".</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$2.49</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$2.49 </td>
<td width="5%">
</td></tr></t></table>I keep thse on both my primary buckets and carboys. They just stick on and they stay there good.

Thanks for the suggestion Wade. I'll try to find one of those locally. The temp for the house is at 69 during the day. For now, I just have the thermometer laying on top. Hopefully that will give me a close idea to the actual temp inside.

Myway22, what do you mean it's addicting? You're just planning ahead and getting right to the job!
smiley36.gif

Moose, I now realized that your post didn't say anything about being in North WEST MN. But Poor Bert and I both managed to read that into what you wrote!
smiley5.gif
He's a bad influence on my brain. East or West we're glad you're here!

Speaking of names......I am curious about your name PWP? I think it is great!!!

Hi moose,

We have quite a few Northeners here on the forum. Welcome to you!!!!!

Ramona

Latest posts

Back