Mosti Mondiale Another Fresh Juice question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike1973

Reaction score
So as it turns out, based on the projected shipping schedule, the day that the frozen juice would be delivered is the day that I head to Key West for a long weekend! So first question is, does it have to be worked on right away? Assuming that I got it Thurs and was back early Mon. would that be too long. Or could I have it shipped somewhere else to be refrigerated/frozen again for a couple days. I was really looking to try one of these, see what I get for going on vacation
smiley1.gif

You could probably freeze it if you could get it cold enough, quick enough. Don't try to keep it unattended over the weekend or it will be done fermenting by the time you get back and possibly run over. Last year with the small containers, they thawed by arrival and were fermenting away since the yeast was already added. A lot of us lost up to a gallon. If you can't be there or freeze it very quickly, I would skip it and just get an all juice kit instead.

Yeah, thats what I figured. I'll be doing some fresh juice from around here anyway but thought this would be fun too. Oh well, theres always next year!

Ask George and see if he can adjust the shipping schedule for you. That may solve your dilema. Enjoy Key West! Great times there!

I may be able to adjust the schedule, but not certain at this point. More to come...

Latest posts

Back