Another F-Pack question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruggierm1

Reaction score
I just started fermenting a Chilean Malbec about 7 days ago and would like to make it a Cranberry Malbec (like the Island Mist kits). I have a couple of questions:

1. Should I make the F-Pack from juice or fruit?
2. If I make from juice, what is the proper method? Buy a bottle of Cranberry juice, boil it down and add a simple syrup solution for purposes of backsweetening?
3. If I make from fruit, how much for the 6 gallons of juice (I can't seem to locate Tom's Sticky on the subject)
4. When is the best time to add? After stabilization?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

fruit for thought

If you can buy a product called POM,its a highly concentrated cranberry juice,if your doing 6gallons then start with 3 bottles and do it by taste,there will be know sugar required,if your want to process your on fpac,then steam juicing might be the way to go ,IF YOU"VE KNOW HOW TO START WITH,crannberries are high in acid,do the math,if not POM ,will not only give you what your lookig for its easy to ,BY TASTE,then make sure the chems are added to ensure refermentation doesn"t restart......just my view.:se

Latest posts

Back