Amaretto Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerShannon

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
I would get the gallon jug of wine in glass as you can make small batches of wine in it later an d or sanitizing solution in there. Look around and Im sure you can get a few of these around for free empty. I go to my local dump and grab them there along with wine bottles, clean them, sanitize them and also de label them. Also try and find some 3 liter bottles also. You will need many different size bottles when making fruit wines so as to have topping off wine for after you rack. Get yourself different size bungs also for gallon jugs and wine bottles.

Hmm...an excuse to drink even more wine. I like it!
Have you ever tried one of these kits, Wade?

Not me, I believe NW and jobe have both mad e a few.I am actually just starting to get into making spirits right now.

You can also find fruit juice in glass gallon jugs in the grocery store a lot of times. I've found they tend to need a larger stopper than the wine jugs however (size 7 - 71/2). And they're not as fun to drink.
smiley2.gif

Thanks Dragonmaster! I was wondering what size stopper I would need. I'm going to the liquor store at lunch today.

Back