Mosti Mondiale AllJuice Montepulciano

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimCook

Reaction score
At just under two years, the MM AllJuice Montepulciano wine that I made back in October of 2008 has started to come into its own, even right out of the bottle, with some really pleasant fruit character and bright red color. While the other AllJuice wines that I made around the same time still need some more time, this one is waking up and I'm quite pleased with the results.

If you happen to have made some AllJuice kits, leave some bottles hanging around stored at a good temperature for near two years and see if you have the same kind of results.

- Jim

JimCook said:
At just under two years, the MM AllJuice Montepulciano wine that I made back in October of 2008 has started to come into its own,
I am very glad to hear about your ALLJuice Montepulciano, I have a six month old kit that has been in a American Oak barrel for about 6 weeks now. Going into the barrel, I was very disappointed in this wine. To me it seemed a very simple, thin, not a lot of flavor wine.

My oak barrel is one year old so I am planning to leave the wine in the barrel for 2-3 months. Maybe, the Montepulciano has more going for it then I thought.

Robert

Robert,

Since oaking levels are as subjective as the rest of wine, be sure to check the oaking levels by taste testing. Most every kit that I've made has exhibited the simplicity that you mentioned and most so during the first year of age. My personal experience has shown that the aromas seem to 'wake up' first and are followed by the flavors. I started this wine in October 2008, so it's sitting at 1.75 years and the current presentation is quite in line with my extended exposure countertop testing where the Montepulciano shined the most on days 4-9.

I hope you enjoy the wine as it develops.

- Jim

Jim, awesome on your AJ M!! It sounds wonderful and well worth the wait!!
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back