Alicante Bouschet

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerry

Reaction score
Barbera has always been a favorite wine of mine. Someone suggested I try Alicante Bouschet, he said it taste alot like Barbera. I bought ten gallons of REGINA'SAlicante Bouschet last November, It is bulk ageing.
Today I went to REGINA'Sweb site, and read about Alicante Bouschet. It said it is rarely used to make varietal table wine and is often used for blending. Now i'm worried,is this wine going to be good? Should I try to blend it with something or just bottle it and see how it turnsout?

Jerry

Hi Jerry, if your not in a hurry you could bottle half then bult age the other for some more months. Good luck with what ever you decide to do. Tomy

I've always known Alicante to be used for blending, and it's grown a lot in France, California, and Spain. OOO--it's one of the few grape varietals with red juice. Not clear but RED--really cool. You've got something special on your hands. Try it--if you like it, bottle it! if not, you could always blend it. Let me know how it goes!

Latest posts

Back