Additional Grape Skins

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Putterrr

Reaction score
If one is adding an additional grape pack to a regular RJS Cru Select or WE Selections kit, will this throw the kit balance out of wack.

For those that do add extra grape skins not originally supplied, what do you do differently if anything.

Thx

It will usually bump the sg up a little but not much of anything else. It will make the wine much better. What grape skin pack are you using?

Thx Wade

I put 1 1/4 Kg of merlot skins/seeds/stems from advintage in my Cru Select Italian Chianti Riserva. Was just wondering if I would have to worry about PH or acid or anything.

I have made kits that had skins included but I never added my own. I guess i will know how it tastes in 6 months or so.

I did it to a kit last year. I made no adjustments of any kind, just followed the kit instructions. Caution!! My kit turned out too good, its getting used up faster than anything else I have.

Yes, it will alter the kit, but it might alter it for the better!!!

Worth a shot...

Thx All

I'm sure it will be good.

I have done 2 winery series kits that are in the bottle after bulk aging. I have 2 other kits that had the dried Genuwine skins and they are still bulk aging. I have 1 other winery series waiting to start and 2 - 2.5 kg bags of skins that I will be adding to other kits.

When you bulk age, it takes awhile to see the results of changing to a different kit level but when they start coming due for bottling, it will be one after the other. Such a great sport this wine making.

Latest posts

Back