Other Adding sulfites to a kit wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thepatient

Reaction score
I have a Reserve du Chateau 4-week Cabernet Sauvignon kit that I'm making on an extended timeline (as opposed to the instructions' 7-21-28 day schedule).

I stabilized and added fining agents around day 30, but when I checked on it at around day 60, the wine was still a little fizzy. I've since gotten a vacuum pump and degassed more thoroughly, and am planning on letting it set for another month or so before bottling. Should I add any k-meta between now and bottling?

The kit's stabilizer was just marked "Stabilizer", so I don't really know what or how much of it was added at day 30.

Thanks.

thepatient said:
I have a Reserve du Chateau 4-week Cabernet Sauvignon kit that I'm making on an extended timeline (as opposed to the instructions' 7-21-28 day schedule).

I stabilized and added fining agents around day 30, but when I checked on it at around day 60, the wine was still a little fizzy. I've since gotten a vacuum pump and degassed more thoroughly, and am planning on letting it set for another month or so before bottling. Should I add any k-meta between now and bottling?

The kit's stabilizer was just marked "Stabilizer", so I don't really know what or how much of it was added at day 30.

Thanks.

Yes, if it is going to be 90 days between your last kmeta dose and bottling, add a dose of k meta at bottling.

Latest posts

Back