Adding Red Wine Conditioner

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stormbringer

Reaction score
I added the WE red wine conditioner to a batch of muscadine to backsweeten just before bottling. Noticed when I packed up the bottles to age three days later, it appears the conditioner left a fine residue in the wine sort of like sediment. The wine was filtered into a primary bucket, mixed with the conditioner and then bottled. Maybe I didn't stir the conditioner and wine enough. Other than the small amount of sediment, the wine is excellent.

Question: Should the conditioner be added to a fruit wine at stabalizing sort of like a f-pack when making a kit wine?
</font>

It should be as it has solids in it and that is what typically gives it more body.

Was it Red Grape Concentrate????

I have heard that you can add it at the end of fermentation, but I always add it at the beginning.

Some bottles of the RGCon have a sediment in the bottle, as well some have wine diamonds....not a bad thing.

Yes, it is the concentrate. [I use the conditioner or concentrate depending on the recipe] It's most likely a bit of sediment I saw because it was only three days after bottling that I noticed it.

It was in a 5 gallon batch. My other country wine batches where I have used the concentrate, were either 1 or 3 gallon. Maybe I just didn't notice it in them. But I have 50 pounds of muscadines in the freezer and will steam them next week. Will add the concentrate during stabilizing on the next batch. Adds a lot to the muscadine flavor.
</font>

Latest posts

Back