Adding kool aid

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris400

Reaction score
I have 5 gal of lemon sp and have 5 packs of kool aid i wanna add to it ...how long do i need to let it set after adding it and would you back sweetin before or after adding the kool aid

I added Kool-aid to mine for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I added it at the same time as back sweetening. It's been sitting for 2 weeks and dropped just a dusting of sediment and is crystal clear. I plan to bottle today.

Also note that the koolaid will add sweetness. I over sweetened my "Hulk Pee" with lime koolaid. I agree with giving it a few weeks to clear.
D27D09DB-1BF0-4ACF-8C5D-B2C0A124F0DB.jpg

Try adding a pkg. to a gallon and see if you like it before you hit the whole 5 gal. Do a gallon at a time and you can change up and find something you like. Good luck with it, Arne.

I've added Kool aid to mine for color only. I found after a year there's no additional flavors.

I added strawberry to mine and it is very very little extra flavor ...color is great though

Results for adding Koolaid to mine: The flavor is ok, but it has the powdery Koolaid taste. I used the Strawberry and Watermelon flavors. Next flavoring that I will do will be with the wine flavoring extracts and maybe food coloring for color.

Latest posts

Back