Acid Tests

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Rich on the Accuvin and is what I use. You can also dilute the wine down with distilled water so that it makes it easier to see the color difference.

I've had some people tell me that using a bug light, those yellow bulbs, can make color changes in red wine more visible but I've yet to try it personally at this point.
- Jim

I let my tongue do my testing !!! Has been pretty reliable so far

Waldo, and you would do this in the beginning only?? And how would you know if it is to acidic?

I do it in the beginning and my taste buds tell me . Not very scientific I guess but it works for me.

I hereby grant Waldo the title of 'Wine Whisperer.'
smiley32.gif

Waldo has a great point here - taste enough wines as you're making them and you'll get a feel for what a wine tastes like at the start compared to how it ends. If you're making the wine for your own consumption, this makes a tremendous amount of sense.

- Jim

Taste as much wine as Waldo does and you also become immune to alc. Id be drunk way before I had the acid right on my batch!
smiley16.gif

I use the accuvin...

But as mentioned above, I think it is important to taste your wines through out the process, and adjust according to your taste.

i read the first post....went to type an answer...then decided to read the other posts....my favorite test is Waldo's method

Latest posts

Back