AC setup no windows!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOESILVA401

Reaction score
I have around 7 carboys aging in my basement with the avg temp around 61 degrees and humidity 45. I guess I've been okay with this except for a recent heat wave that drove my temp around 70 for a couple days. I don't know the temp of the wine, just the surrounding air. This experience as prompted me to focus my energy on this environment and creating the best storage environment. I guess I should be looking for a portable AC and running a hose? I have no open windows in my basement, but do have a sub-pump that is about 50 feet across the room from where the wine is being stored. What is my best course of action/solutions? I do have a door beside the wine that goes out o my backyard, and 2 windows in the basement that don't open- glass/silicone. I've been reviewing portable ACs and it seems the hoses are all very short, and they create humidity challenges. Any pictures you have, manufacturer recommendations, etc; are most appreciated! I have 400-850 budgeted.

image-1429467878.jpg

Attachments

• image-2592755293.jpg
    image-2592755293.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 248
Im guessing the humidity is low due to a colder spell at this time. Have you ever measured it when it was very warm in there? Where are you located? I know with the portables you could extend the hoses and could probably put a T in that drier vent and and pump the heat from an AC unit out that way.

I built a sunroom on our house. We cool it with a 12,000 BTU portable A/C. It never has to be set above the low cool and keeps the room cold enough to hang meat in. It cost about 300.00 at Sam's Club. It would probably be just the thing for your application.

Here's the one we got but got it at Sam's Club for 299.00. It has dehumidifier too.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/DeLonghi-...le-Air-Conditioner-With-Dehumidifier/10980215

SpoiledRotten said:
I built a sunroom on our house. We cool it with a 12,000 BTU portable A/C. It never has to be set above the low cool and keeps the room cold enough to hang meat in. It cost about 300.00 at Sam's Club. It would probably be just the thing for your application.

Here's the one we got but got it at Sam's Club for 299.00. It has dehumidifier too.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/DeLonghi-Pinguino-12-000-BTU-Portable-Air-Conditioner-With-Dehumidifier/10980215

Thanks! The link didn't work; but I will research !

Latest posts

Back