??? about Summer Breeze kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

45cal4life

Junior
Reaction score
I've done a couple of Orchard Breezin kits and mixed approximately half the F-Pac (along with additional sugar to reach SG 1.090) up front to limited the sweetness. All F-Pacs were pretty thick and very sweet. Just started a Summer Breeze - Blackberry/Cherry Pinot Noir kit, mixed in half the F-Pac but it was very thin like the grape juice and wasn't overly sweet. The kit came with two items that I'm not familiar with, Siligel 7ml and Geliquide/Liquigel 7ml. Are one of these the sweetener? The Toy Store has this thing rated at a 10 on the sweetness, need to knock that down to around 4-ish. Thank you :ib

The kit came with two items that I'm not familiar with, Siligel 7ml and Geliquide/Liquigel 7ml. Are one of these the sweetener?
Not sure what the instructions say (I Haven't made one of these kits), but I believe that those two ingredients are the clearing agents.

Steve

Yes the siligel and liquigel are a 2 part fining agent like the RJS kits with the 2 part fining agenty consisting of chitosan and Kiesol. I havent made the MM Summerbreeze kits as of yet so dont know much about the fpac there, was it bigger then the typical Orchard Breezin f-pac.

Clearing agents, okay that makes sense. The instructions say to add one of them first then the other just like the Orchard Breezin. Basically the same size on the F-Pacs maybe a little more in the Summer Breeze.

Latest posts

Back