A tip to save time and money,,

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dfwwino said:
I dropped my hydrometer yesterday. As I watched it freefall to the ground, I thought that it would certainly shatter into a 100 pieces. I also dropped a wine bottle six feet off a shelf this past weekend. On each occasion, neither broke. Apparently, I have unbreakable equipment.

You better start knocking on some wood pronto!!!

DFW, you have just jinxed yourself and better have spares of everything.

I dont think mine siphoned well either today- or I am just impatient . I ended up pumping out the wine with it. Any advice is appreciated.

If your auto-siphon just stirs up the leas and dribbles, it is probably missing the little flapper. I lost mine the first time I washed it, and had to buy a whole new gizmo. If you can see through the bottom end of the larger/outside part of the siphon assembly, it is missing the part that prevents backwash.

joeswine said:
auto syphons can't seem to get enough of them,break them don't you
smiley29.gif
know ,don't no how or why ,just do,
smiley19.gif

I know I broke 2 of them already disconnecting the hose!
smiley18.gif

smiley19.gif
SUCH IS THE WAY OF LIFE IN THE WINE MAKING BUSINESS,CAN'T SEAM TO GET ENOUGH OF ANYTHING AT THE RIGHT TIME OR TO MUCH AT ONCE AND KNOW WHERE TO PUT IT,BRAKE THIS LOSE THAT ,AND IN MARCH WHEN THE CHILEAN WINES ARE STARTING TO BE BOTTLED AND THE SEASON OF WINE MAKING HAS JUST BEGUN,ALL THE TIME THAT WAS AVAILABLE IN THE COLD DAYS OF WINTER AND NOTHING TODO,IT DOES GET FRUSTRATING AND YOU TEND TO BREAK AND LOOSE ITEMS,EITHER THAT OR I'AM JUST GETTING OLD
smiley19.gif
BUT I WOULDN'T HAVE IT ANYOTHER WAY
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif