A NEW MUSCADINE PORT

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I woke up this morning and it had foamed up into the airlock again and had the lid of the fermenter bulged up into a big dome. I sanitized a wash cloth, eased the airlock out and she tried to blow like ole faithful. I placed the cloth over the opening and covered the lid completely with a towel as it was time to leave for work. This evening I came in, sanitized another fermenter and transferred the wine into it, As NW would say, Life Is Good !!!

The Muscadine has completed fermentation at an SG of 1.004 which give me an ABV of 17.8%
I splash racked it to glass and will now begin the stabilazation stage

IMG_5265.jpg

Dang flash on the camera stole part of my carboy and covered it with flooring

IMG_5267.jpg

All that was left in the Primary after racking

IMG_5269.jpg

That Pasteur Red went a little further than I thought it would. I may not fortify this one at all.

Looks great Waldo :) maybe bump it to 20% with brandy just for flavor ?

xanxer82 said:
Looks great Waldo :) maybe bump it to 20% with brandy just for flavor ?

May do that before bottling. Will let it clear, bulk age it for a while on oak and then decide from there.

Yeah... Looking good Waldo.

I also like the idea of a touch of Brandy for flavor.

Thanks all..got a top secret plan to try with this one so stay tuned for further developments.

Waldo said:
Thanks all..got a top secret plan to try with this one so stay tuned for further developments.
still staying tuned? . . .
smiley8.gif

Do you correct the acid levels at all? Did you check the levels? Just wou8ld like to know what TA level you would normally try to get with a wine of this type.

Back