Other A good Pinot Noir kit?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just bottled a Williams Brewing PN kit and I am very pleased with it at this point. Yes, it needs some time in the bottle but I really like what I have. My only addition was a handful of medium French chips (made into a tea) in the clearing stage. Those with more evolved palates may not be pleased with this wine as a PN but I really like it. The cherry notes are developing and will be more prominent with time, I suspect. Inexpensive too, which is pretty exciting.

I fixed the link. George's site is hard to copy and paste a link. My advice would be to buy the biggest ultra premium kit you can afford. RJS EP or WineExpert Eclipse Pinot Noir. I made 2 of the Pinot's from Mosti Mondiale and while they made a decent table wine they had zero Pinot Noir taste. More like a strawberry wine that took almost 3 years to fade into something decent.

Have you considered making it from the Alexander's Sun Country concentrate?? People may give a thumbs down to this idea, but we've made several batches of it and it comes out darn nice!! After 2-3 years of aging in the bottle, it has some real nice chocolate notes on it.

We use 3 cans for 5 gallons. And because it has no sulfites in it, an MLF is easy to do.

Let me start by saying that I am not that inot PN but like you was asked to make one. And like Mike Ibglowin suggested I got the RJSEP. Yep it tasts just like PN hahaha. Mu son and daughter will love it. Its been bulk aging and due to bottle soon but the red EPs seen to drop diamonds so Im going to cold stabilize it this month then bottle in July. Good luck and keep us posted.

Latest posts

Back