Grape juice artisan
- Jul 1, 2018
- Reaction score
- Pacific NW - S. Sound
Just the pressing, 3-4 hours. I was also pressing four varieties so the basket fills were as follows:Crushday,
Thanks for the response
1. We will most likely being the same quantity or slightly more next year
2. Red Grapes are fermented
3. The 120 is more than we would like to spend but would work if we save time with reduced press cycles
Sounds like you ran a little over 300 lbs each press cycle how long did it take you to press 1900 lbs?
1. Petit Verdot (1) [partial 1/2 to capacity]
2. Merlot (1) [partial 4/5 to capacity]
3. Cab Sauv (1) [partial 3/4 to capacity]
4. Cab Franc (3) [This was the only variety that I filled to capacity first two times and 1/2 the third time]
Total day was 8 hours but included set up and clean up.
I asked about white grapes because it would require more pressings to tear through 2700 pounds of whites than fermented reds...
Let me know if you need more info.