Other $40 chard kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I found an offer for Vino Italiano 4 Week Wine Kit chardonnay. $40
It seems like a low price and I am not finding much info on this company. I am wondering what the kit makers think about a kit in this price range?

I tried this kit last year and it has to be the worst I ever made. Spend the few extra dollars and get the other brands on Amazon if you want a kit from there.

That was my first kit. I lost a lot by racking accident so I had to top off with over two bottles of wine. I liked it. I only made five gallons which most people do. I would add golden raisins ( a pound) during primary ferment.

I have that kit on deck and I plan to add oak, tannins and golden raisins and maybe simple syrup. I think for $40 it's cheep enough for an experiment:HB

I have made that kit and although it is not spectacular, it is drinkable and with a few tweaks, enjoyable. I used one box of Sunmaid golden raisins, 4 oz. American oak, medium toast. It turned out decent but be prepared to consume all of it within the first year. this one does not age well.

Latest posts

Back