23 liter carboys on Amazon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New response. I asked if they would honor the price anyway (raincheck) and was told the following:
"Sorry, these were "seconds" with defects and somebody local came in and bought everything we had and we do not know the next time we will see these again, but when we do we will put them on Amazon."

Did anybody notice any verbiage on the ad about any faults in these carboys?

Mine were cancelled and when I emailed them the following message:

"I hope you plan on issuing rain checks to all ofthe pissed off wine makers that you cancelled thier orders! You are gettingvery bad press at winemakingtalk.com and you have a chance to make it right andmaybe not lose all of us permanently!"

I received the following response:

"This was alimited supply of "seconds" at this price... Someone came into ourwarehouse and bought everything we had in stock before you placed yourorder and before we could remove them from Amazon.

Michelle"

My opinion, they screwed up and don't want to deal with it.

Also it wasn't a matter of "before we could remove the ad" since there are 7 hours between when I noticed them and ordered, and when the last person here did.

You should all report this to Amazon as I'm going to. I don't know if it's against their practices or not, but they keep copies of all correspondence between us and this company via their site. I think they should read them.

Otherwise, just remember the name, "Winemaker's Depot". :m

They have changed their story now. This is the latest email I received:

"What, that we ran out of a special order saleitem??? It happens every where, every day... "

They special ordered seconds so they could sell them at $2.11 each! Now I have heard it all!

Also nonsense. If you have a number of something, you can make your ad show "12 left" or whatnot and you can't possibly over sell.. More BS.

Horse feathers.

We should send these inconsistent respones to amazon. Factory seconds is phony baloney.

Wine makers depot, I will not forget you.

So it turns out Amazon doesn't do anything about 3rd party sellers. They can as a last resort intervene only if sellers actually owe you money, or you want to return product- neither of which applies to anyone here.
Ultimately their system of many shops works because people give feedback to the sellers similar to Ebay, and so I would recommend everyone do the same. Winemakers depot needs your feedback, lol.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A34CJOU4NJIHYU

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back