2020 Lanza Cab

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsbeckton

Reaction score
My order of some 169 clone Cab has been delayed several times and finally might be here this week. I am not sure if the delay is just because the grapes weren’t ready or if the fires out west have prevented harvesting. Anyone else have an order or hear any specific reason for the delays?

I'm expecting mine this week from Gino Pinto, my friend tells me Lanza vinyard is 400 miles away from the fires.. I will find out this week

Picked up some Lanza clone 8 this weekend, so far , so good. Sorry I didn't get the 169, the cluster I tasted was great. I was told they were not effected by fires/smoke. No smoke odors or taste as of yet. Time will tell.

So I called CFP today and he said that the delay isn’t due to the fires but that they can’t get enough workers to pick the grapes. He said for sure will be here next week but any issues that I might expect if the grapes are overripe?

kinda disappointed as this year I sprung for the top quality grapes!

So I called CFP today and he said that the delay isn’t due to the fires but that they can’t get enough workers to pick the grapes. He said for sure will be here next week but any issues that I might expect if the grapes are overripe?

I've dealt with CFP once and Gino Pinto twice. They both appear to be stand up companies and both have a good relationship with Lanza. Being an unusual year with the fires and Covid I'm curious to see how they handle this if they are overripe. Good luck with it and please keep us posted.

Just plan and be prepared. If overripe, you'll be dealing with high Brix and low acid. Make sure you have Tartaric acid and good water on hand. Then you'll be prepared to add acid, water back or both.

Latest posts

Back