2010 indy competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I am!! I did last year and was very pleased with the judges on this one (compared to Winemakers). I think I've narrowed it down to 12 entries for this year and my wife is entering 4.

I'm going to enter the Montepulciano. I just have to drop the bottles off at The Red Barn in Demotte, IN, and the owner will deliver them down to Purdue, so I don't have to worry about the wine getting heated up in transit.

This will be my first wine competition, and at $30 a pop, I'm not going to go hog wild.

Peace,
Bob

Sent mine out Tuesday and they should be there Thursday. Not to bad temperature wise this week here for them to travel, time will tell!

I am going to enter the competition this year. This is going to be my 1st competition so I am hoping for the best.

I will be entering a Riesling.

Good luck to everyone that has ented this year!!!

I am going to enter the competition this year. This is going to be my 1st competition so I am hoping for the best.

I will be entering a Riesling.

Good luck to everyone that has ented this year!!!

Good luck to you as well...:b

Peace,
Bob

Yeah, I am!! I did last year and was very pleased with the judges on this one (compared to Winemakers). I think I've narrowed it down to 12 entries for this year and my wife is entering 4.

Which wine won last year?what was the top prize?

I don't remember what the Best Of Show was, I'm sure it's on their website. These are the medals I recieved:

2008 Gentil - Bronze
2008 Pacific Quartet - Silver
2008 Tannat Merlot - Silver
2008 Orange Chocolate Port - Gold
2006 Staggs Leap District Merlot - Double Gold

Believe that the competition concludes today. I hear 2pm.
Now is the hardest part. Waiting to hear the results.

Does anyone remember how long it took to get the results last year?

Got 3 silver medals. This is my third go around. What does it take to win gold?

I won 3 medals all from grapes 1 gold 2008 red vinefra blend - cab, merlot ,syrah-1 bronze 2007 -red vinefra blend sanjiovese, merlot, cab.
1 silver - 2008 cab franc, merlot
carmine

WOW I got 13 medals for 14 wines entered, and my wife got 4 medals for 4 wines entered!!
Here's mine:
Double Gold
Red Ice Wine
White Chocolate Port

Gold
German Muller-Thurgau
Brunello (Sangiovese)

Silver
Cabernet Sauvignon
Merlot
Pinot Noir
Banana pineapple Viognier

Bronze
Malvasia Blanca
Argentenian Trio (White)
Old Vines Mencia
Amarone
Exotic Fruits Zinfandel

Here's My Wife's
Gold
Shiraz/Zinfandel

Silver
Pinot Blanc
Pinotage

Bronze
Chardonnay

Got 3 silver medals. This is my third go around. What does it take to win gold?

I wish I could give you a helpful answer. Hopefully, when you get the scores back, that will shed some light on why silver and not gold.

I can say that this is a transitional year for this competition. It's no longer affiliated with the Indiana State Fair. The "Indy" competition was held at Purdue Univiersity, in West Lafayette. It's also under new management.

Did you enter the last 3 years with the same vintage's, or did you enter different wines every time?

Peace,
Bob

I wish I could give you a helpful answer. Hopefully, when you get the scores back, that will shed some light on why silver and not gold.

I can say that this is a transitional year for this competition. It's no longer affiliated with the Indiana State Fair. The "Indy" competition was held at Purdue Univiersity, in West Lafayette. It's also under new management.

Did you enter the last 3 years with the same vintage's, or did you enter different wines every time?

Peace,
Bob

I entered three times over the last 10 years or so. All with different vintages.

Congratulations

Congrats to all you "wine winners" you're the best!

Latest posts

Back