1961 Chateau Calon on CL

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if they are selling it on craigs list and not to a legitimate wine broker , its either fake or has been stored improperly.

Well, there's one buyer out of the bidding! :)

well i know it's truly out of my price range, let alone not wanting to take the chance on a fake....lol....besides, i don't need a hoity toity wine anyways....lol...my palette's probably too unsophisitcated for it as well anyways....lol...probably couldn't tell the difference between that and form of ripple anyways...:)

Last edited:
Well Ken, I dunno. My old wino buddy always says, and I quote, "Hell yeah, I am unsophisticated. That just means I like more wine than if I was sophisticated!"

I have to say that the word "sophisticated" gets hard for him to pronounce after about 4 p.m., and he generally changes it to "fancy" or something easier to say, but he does get his point across.

So I reckon if I bought those bottles and they were not ruined, then when I drank them, I would probably like them. And me liking them would mean I would never really know if I bought the real deal or rebottled Mad Dog.

Hey, I have enjoyed a bottle of Mogan David 20/20! Sure have! So I'm out of the buying, too...I just posted it as an oddity, you know...

Hey, I have enjoyed a bottle of Mogan David 20/20! Sure have!

well hell, i've enjoyed riunite lambrusco and boone's farm....now i wouldn't necessarily call boone's farm wine so much as i would a wine cooler, but nevertheless, for what it was, i still actually did like it....lol....guess i don't need fancy either.....:)

Latest posts

Back