WineXpert Pacifica White

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started this kit about 3 weeks ago and it smells awesome! I tried a small taste right before I stabilized it, and was very impressed. I think this is going to be a great wine.

Hey Shen you jumped ship already. Welcome to this forum as you'll notice you have the same friends here as you do on FVW. Reefman I also made this wine and it is very good.

Hey Shen you jumped ship already. Welcome to this forum as you'll notice you have the same friends here as you do on FVW. Reefman I also made this wine and it is very good.
Hi Dan. I wouldn't say I jumped ship, I've been reading both forums for a while, I just finally registered. I do recognize several of the FVW folks here. So not to hyjack the OP's thread, I'll close by saying that I really am looking forward to trying the Pacifica White!

I just got an email from Southern Home brew, and they are out of stock on the Pacifica white limited kits. I'll have to do a search again, to see if anyone else has it in stock.

I just got an email from Southern Home brew, and they are out of stock on the Pacifica white limited kits. I'll have to do a search again, to see if anyone else has it in stock.
Doug, check the Nittany Valley True Value. Last weekend when I was there, they still had a bunch of Pacifica White kits in stock. Good luck!
-scott

Last edited:
thanks Scott, I just called Darrell, and he is going to get back to me with an "as delivered" price.

Glad to help Doug. I'm pretty sure Darrell doesn't want to get in to the bulk shipping business and selling online. He's pretty happy just dealing locally. I don't even think he has a website. That said, he's always very helpful and I'm sure wouldn't mind shipping out something here and there. I was hesitant to list his name and phone number. Kind of like giving out your favorite fishing spot!
Anyway, I hope you were able to come to an agreement.

Hi SHEN, welcome to this forum. I think I welcomed you on the other forum. I think you'll like it here. There are a lot of Pennsylvanians here---actually, we rule!!! Just ask Dan. LOL :sm

Hey, I lived in Pennsylvania for 60 years, and then got transferred to Maryland.
I lived in Eastern PA, in Philly suburbs most of that time, and also in Wexford, just north of Pittsburg for about 11 years.

Hey, I lived in Pennsylvania for 60 years, and then got transferred to Maryland.
I lived in Eastern PA, in Philly suburbs most of that time, and also in Wexford, just north of Pittsburg for about 11 years.

Good to know you. I live about 20 miles from Wexford.

Hey reefman, any luck with getting this kit? I have mine in clearing and polishing step and it tastes goooood!! So good in fact that I picked up another Pacifica White kit today to start in a couple months. Funny, I broke my hydrometer last night, so I went to pick up another $7 hydrometer, and by the time I left, I had spent $142.00!!! I guess I need to stay out of that store for a while.

Hey Shen are there any really awesome wine supply stores near the university? I think I'm taking a ride down there for the day Saturday.
No, not near the university, but within 25 minutes of it. The only one nearby is Nittany Valley True Value Hardware between Nittany and Zion on Rt. 64 ....yeah, I know, it's a hardware store. But they have wine making supplies, as well as meat curing supplies, like bologna spices and casings. INFO HERE They have wine kits in the back room of they're not on the shelf. If you don't see it, ask. Darrell may be teaching a wine making class that day, but if not, he's the man to talk to. It's definitely worth stopping.

By the way, I have a cousin in Edinboro. Small world!

Pacifica White Bottled

So, I bottled this wine last night, and I have to say that I'm extremely happy with it :try. I kinda woke up this morning with a little hangover. I'm still very new at this winemaking thing, only starting this hobby in 2011, but I have to say that it's really nice to start getting some in a bottle. Waiting has to be the hardest part of this entire endeavor when you're just starting out. I've now got some Wildberry Shiraz (half gone), Shiraz/Zinfandel (can't drink til' August), and now Pacifica white all in bottles. With only 4 more batches in carboys, and an empty primary, I guess its time to start another batch!! :tz

By the way, my wife thinks I'm nuts!! (But she's liking the fringe benefits!!)

So, I bottled this wine last night, and I have to say that I'm extremely happy with it.
By the way, my wife thinks I'm nuts!! (But she's liking the fringe benefits!!)

I bottled mine on Thursday and just put the labels and shrink capsules on it.

Your wife is right on with all the other spouses! :b

same problem here, my wife hates the hobby. I'm hoping my Niagara turns out OK, then she'll change her mind ,,,,maybe.:e

Doug, check the Nittany Valley True Value. Last weekend when I was there, they still had a bunch of Pacifica White kits in stock. Good luck!
-scott

Wine kits in a Hardware Store... Done here all we get are Moon Pies and RC Cola. bk

Back