Your Best Wine Finds Ever

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sunday my wife came home with a $4.00 bottle of red wine from Big Lots she bought just because it had Syrah in it and we'd just planted 3 Syrah vines. She planned to use it for cooking but we opened and tasted and ended up drinking the whole bottle while making dinner, really surprised at how much we enjoyed it.

Just for giggles I googled it Monday morning and found it originally priced between 18.00 and 24.00 a bottle and - Quote - "TanTerra's 2008 Tannat Syrah won a Gold Medal and scored 91 points at the 2011 Los Angeles International Wine Competition."

We went back and bought all they had last night and found out the stores are discontinuing carrying wine. We ended up with 17 bottles of the Tannat/Syrah and 3 bottles of Tannat/Cabernet - with an extra 15% off - $3.71 per bottle including taxes. Feels like I won a little treasure hunt.

Any one else have any great finds or steals with wines?
Mike

Tanterra.png

I have found several deals over the years, but the best has to be the first wine I ever tried with exception of Arbor Mist or Boone's Farm, which don't really count.

A few years back, the liquor store we frequent had Cycles Gladiator Rose on discontinuation for $1 per bottle. Out of curiosity I picked one up. The hubby and I liked it so much we went back and cleaned out the rest of their stock. If I recall correctly it was a little over 2 cases.

I've been enjoying wines ever since.

Latest posts

Back