You can go at any time but you can never leave.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zember311

Reaction score
Hey everyone, It has been awhile but that line stuck in my head ever since it was told to me here some time ago
smiley2.gif

Anyhow, I came back tonight to place an order after being away from it for a bit. I moved back to PA. Yup left that sunny florida and came back tot he four seasons. .
smiley29.gif
So It's time to settle down again and get some wine a menting ! This time I am going plastic jugs, Getting lazy in weight lifting anymore
smiley36.gif

So I did have a little tale though. Before I left Fl to return, I was working on a 6 gallon batch of alexander zinf. It was almost 4 months old, ( they told me that brand was peaking at that age ), But that was right as i was getting ready to move back. I had enough on my plate, the move the packing and everything else. the fact of buying all those bottles to bottle that 6 gasllons then pack it up with all my other stuff in only a jeep seemed to be more then it was worth,.

So I went the other way out. The last night before I handed over my apartment keys, I sat back with the " RED violin " sound track, I pulled 4 ounces of that zinf out and put it in a glass. I sat there for almost an hour slowly taking in the wine.

It was fantastic, smooth bodied, crystal clear or any floating distraction and smooth, smooth, smooth.

I finished off that single glass, gave thanks to the powers being for such a water to wine experience, then in silence . Took the 6 gallons and poured it down the tub drain.

4 months for one 4 ounce glass of bliss. it was almost poetic.

Cleaned out my equiptment, handed it down to a determined neighbor I had in St petersburg, and left at sun rise for the good ole pa.

So now, settled and remembering when.

It is time for me to get some toys back
smiley2.gif

Just thought I would say hello

~Kyle

Kyle, was there no one that would have taken that wine off your hands? What a same to have dumped it! Glad to see you back and making wine again. Anything you plan on doing differently this time besides buying plastic?

That will probability will be a wine you will remember forever...Hope everything works out for you and you can get back to wine making..

I spent my FL days learning the ways ;-) the good , the bad and the nasty clean-up mistakes along the way .

I am getting settled into my next place. A spare room just for my interested.

I want to really take my time at it this time around. Spend the money and buy that chocolate cherry kit I had been looking at since then, but knew it wasn't time for such a take on with how I drifted so much lately,

I'm gonna make a project out of it, and make it apart of the home.

One good thing came out of that night and that 6 gallons of wine. I could at one time sit down and drink bottles after bottles if the mood struck me right. But after that one four ouncer, just to buy a store bought bottle and have a glass, it changed my views on a few things to say the least,

I even want to get into white wines. Break down and buy that floor corker this time around, and now be able to share it all with the friends and family that are now back within driving distance of where I live.

I made my wish list last night as I said, So come friday; it all begins again.

I had a feeling that youd spring for the good stuff like a floor corker this time and thats why I asked this question.

Latest posts

Back