Yes or No?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaluba

Reaction score
HI everybody, Im back and still havent made a decision. Yet i narrowed it down to friut juice instead of raw fruit. It seams to me that walking into my grocer and buying 100% juice is safer, than buying real fruit in which its sugar content is less than desirable. What do ya'll think. Give me some thoughts.
smiley5.gif

Lukey
next year you should do some strawberry that Houma is famos for..
By the way I grew up in Sulphur La.
I think going for the juice would be a good way to get your feet wet in this hobby

Just check the label for added preservatives which could prevent fermentation. Other than that, a lot of folks use the juice with good results.

If your buying it,the juice is the way to go,but if you can get the fruit cheap,or free it will make better wine if you use lots of it.25-30 pounds of frozen or fresh blackberrys or razberrys or blueberrys is going to cost you alot if you buy them at the store.
lockdude

Stay away from anything that has potassium sulfate or benzoate in it as it may give you a hard time getting started fermenting.

I've used a lot of fruit - fresh, dried, frozen, canned, and juice - in my wines and meads. The fruits sold at most grocery stores aren't very ripe or very tasty and I've found that canned and frozen fruits, and even juice, is better. However, if you have access to a farmer's market of locally grown fruits, they'll always be better when fully ripe and sorted. Having said that, though - juice is certainly much easier!

Nope but i think frozen, canned. and concentrates are a great idea a lot of things come in concentates so it would be great for blending and complementing

Welcome to the form kaluba.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
My first wine was a all juice wine &lt;apple&gt; and then made a fruit wine from Cranberry’s. I found that both were about the same, although the fruit wine did have a few more steps. Both were lots of fun. Hope all goes well.

Kaluba,

Winter is quickly approaching and fresh fruit is hard to find and very expensive when you do find them. Concentrates will produce very good wine.

Check out this site: http://www.brownwoodacres.com/.

I have made wine from the Tart Cherry, Red Raspberry, and the Concord concentrates. All were superb! I especially recommend the Red Raspberry. I made 6 gallons from the Concord and oaked it lightly and I only have one bottle left, which I stored away! Everyone loved it and commented that they were expecting a "Mogan David" type wine, but were suprised with the off dry, oaky taste.Either it wasextremely good,or the fact that it was "Free" made them ask for more
smiley9.gif

Latest posts

Back