yes its a cheese press

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotty

Reaction score
CheesePress_0852.jpg

"Gouda" job Scotty!
You are one "sharp" cookie.
So you "pressed" that into service yet?
I bet it makes cheese pressing run like a "Swiss" clock.
Nothing like a bit of "American" ingenuity.

Please....... not more puns............ make it stop.........
smiley36.gif

<DIV id=post_message_258780>That was just a teaser. I need one more piece before i finish the job. Then i will post the whole enchilada. It will totally break apart and will use weight lifting weights for the pressure.

I was just showing off because i have finally gotten most of the parts together. I need som food grade epoxy amd one other of the white cutting boards

It has 2 barrels. One is 6 X10 inches and the other is 4 X9 inchesEdited by: scotty

Waldo said:
What kind of cheese are you going to make buddy?

First i am going to frankhausers website--they have simple starter cheeses --no press needed.
http://biology.clc.uc.edu/Fankhauser/Cheese/Cheese.html

I already have cultures for mild and sharp cheeses but i want to construct some sort of thermostatically controlled pot for ripening.

milk needs to be held at 80F for a while and sometimes at about 180--just under boiling after the renet and cultures are added

My fitst attempt without the press should be cottage cheese and than microwave mozzarella

I forgot to add that without the teamwork with Miss Rocky i probable would be just sitting around and vegetatingEdited by: scotty

Back