Yeast taste/smell in filtered wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know. San Francisco had a tornado yesterday. Thangs are gettin a little weird this spring.

smiley5.gif

Oh, it will get better.

Last summer was odd for Ohio. Lots of rain. Nothing grew because it rotted away.

We had lots of rain last summer and the temp never got hotter than 90. We normally have alot of 110-115 in july and august and hardly any rain.

We can't boast with temps like you, but the same goes for Ohio. We get in the mid-90's in the summer, but we barely broke 80 last year. And rain. and rain. and more rain. What a bummer.

80 would be so nice of a summer! I remember my Momma speaking of all the rain.

Your hot days, like 80's+ is that like a "very humid-sticky hot" or more like a dry hot?"

You can steam vegtables here in Arkansas after the rare August rain. If

you work outside you have to keep lots of water with you.

Chris

Not too uncomfortable if you are near a swimming hole, but working out in the woods in the summer is pure misery. You can't drink enough water.

For all the folks that don't know what a seed tick is I will be happy to put a few thousand of them in a envelope and send them to you
smiley4.gif
. They are really fun when the little buggers get on your nether regions
smiley4.gif
. Also the mosquito is our state bird
smiley4.gif

Chris

Isn't poi somthing like mashed potatoes, only purple. You might like the ticks but I think the rest of your island might beat you to death.

Chris
smiley36.gif

Yes you are right on "both counts"...I don't know anything about seed ticks, just the word tickis bad...I really do not want any thank you!
smiley13.gif

You are right about Poi. (It starts out like mashed potatoes, and it ends up like purple glue) A Hawaiian stable food source. Poi has saved many a young child and babies around the world when no other food was accepted. Really a "miracle food source!"

Yes CW, Poi is the "end result" of the plant called Taro. Two types, many varieties from Micronesia, Polynesia, etc. The dryland type is planted in good soil, and the wet-land type, is planted in clear running water same as how they grow rice. It is a vegetable, related to the Potatoe. It is a source of starch with many minerals and vitamins unmatched by any other source of food known. (Much more info via Google w/ pics, etc.)

Yes, I know Taro. One variety is a well known tropicallandscape plantcalled Elephant Ears here. We dig them up in the fall and store the bulbs or tubers in perlite, and plant them again after danger of frost is over, about May 1st. They get a bloom sometimes that looks like a Peace Lily bloom.

CW I live in the Saline River bottoms and we have plenty. They have been so bad that we have to spray poison around the door to keep them from coming in with us. Also every once and awhile you will see a really big type. They get so big you can see purple and red colors on them, and bite good gravy they hurt.

Chris

You have to be careful if thinking about eating Taro. The landscape type are not, although some have tried and learned the hard way.
smiley19.gif

Latest posts

Back