Yeast suggestions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hilltopwino

Junior
Reaction score
I am looking for suggestions for yeast for the following fruits that I have waiting in my freezer.

Peach
Cherry
Blueberry
Strawberry
Raspberry
Concord (from frozen concentrate)
Blackberry (from jam)

All will be a low alcohol wine with the usual cast of characters. I have access to Red Star locally but if need be I could order Lalvin (I would order all at the same time). Please include why I would use it and any special things to watch for or add (nutrient, energizer, etc).

Thanks

I make almost every one. My favorite for all my fruit wines is;

Red Star Cote des Blancs

I have done some homework about Cotes de Blanc since hearing Tepe recommend it so often.

I hear it really brings out the fruit flavor. I am using it on some wines I am just starting.

Good!.
Like what Joeswine says "Think out of the box" meaning try something different. Experiment! Remember you are making wine NOT for me or any one here BUTT, for YOU and your taste.

tepe said:
Good!.
Like what Joeswine says "Think out of the box" meaning try something different. Experiment! Remember you are making wine NOT for me or any one here BUTT, for YOU and your taste.

</font>

that is the philosophy i love to hear

Maybe we can get some converts!. I am one of them.

Latest posts

Back