WineXpert Yeast Confusion

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smurfe

Reaction score
I started two kits tonight. I got my yeast packets mixed up possibly. I need to confirm which yeast packet the 2005 LE Italian Piedmont Nebbilo d'Alba uses and the Stags Leap District Merlot uses. I have a packet of Bourgovin RC212 and EC-1118

Also, the Stag Leap had 4 oak pack and has 2 Chitosan packets in it. Do I use both of these Chitosan packets when the time comes? I have never seen a kit with 2 packets.

Thanks

Smurfe

I can't help you the yeast, but I can tell you to add all the Oak and use all the Chitosan. I have made kits with 2 sometimes 3 packs of oak.

Bill

Just checked Smurfe and I too have the 2 bags of chitosan. Sorry, tossed the yeast package...

Smurfe the 2005 LE Italian Piedmont Nebbilo d'Alba uses the EC-1118. When making up 5 batches this past weekend I made extra sure I didn't mix up anything as I have done it before.

Masta's right as usual! Just double-checked the Nebbiolo log and it is the EC-1118... But...WOW...5 batches! I can only salute the...MASTA!
smiley2.gif

Thanks guys, I thought that was the way they went but just wanted to be sure. I had both of them in my hand getting ready to put them in their respective bags and the kid distracted me. I laid them down and as soon as I did I said "Which was which"? LOL I knew I'd get my answer.

Thanks

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Latest posts

Back