WTB: Crusher-destemmer

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

novalou

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2013
Messages
429
Reaction score
44
Looking for a used crusher/destemmer.

Anyone downsizing or getting out of the hobby, please let me know.

Thanks
 

Rocky

Chronologically Gifted Member
WMT Supporter
Joined
Jan 29, 2011
Messages
6,027
Reaction score
1,976
Novalou, you and about 1000 others on the forum. :)
 

WI_Wino

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2013
Messages
577
Reaction score
76
If you haven't already try posting wanted ads on Craigslist. You may have to bump every week or so. It's amazing what people have stashed away in their house or barn that they'll never list for sale on their own. I've had great luck with carboys, wine racks, gun safe, etc.
 

Rocky

Chronologically Gifted Member
WMT Supporter
Joined
Jan 29, 2011
Messages
6,027
Reaction score
1,976
Novalou, I want to apologize. If my posting offended you, I am truly sorry. I did not notice that you are relatively new to the forum. Many people start by making kits, move to juice, then to fresh grapes. For that reason, many people are looking for a crusher or a crusher/destemmer (including yours truly). Depending on where you are in the country, you may find one on Craigs List. Here in Ohio, Craigs List is seldom effective and I am competing with several of our members so it would be a race to get to the seller. Ebay would be another source but most of those I have seen on there are very old, expensive and shipping would be high.

Good luck in your search.
 

novalou

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2013
Messages
429
Reaction score
44
Rocky said:
Novalou, I want to apologize. If my posting offended you, I am truly sorry. I did not notice that you are relatively new to the forum. Many people start by making kits, move to juice, then to fresh grapes. For that reason, many people are looking for a crusher or a crusher/destemmer (including yours truly). Depending on where you are in the country, you may find one on Craigs List. Here in Ohio, Craigs List is seldom effective and I am competing with several of our members so it would be a race to get to the seller. Ebay would be another source but most of those I have seen on there are very old, expensive and shipping would be high.

Good luck in your search.
No worries, not offended at all! :) I've been searching Craigslist and eBay for some time.

I rented one this past fall from my LHBS, was really turned off by having to power wash and scrub the heck out of it prior to my use.

So the search is on to see if I can score one used....
 

novalou

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2013
Messages
429
Reaction score
44
jimmyjames23 said:
What were you looking to spend. There's 3 here.
Depends on the condition of the unit. Where are they located?
 

jimmyjames23

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2013
Messages
572
Reaction score
74
Niagara region Canada.

All large crushers from Italy.
The smallest is around 18"x18"
And will accept a motor to operate.

image-851125428.jpg
 

Rocky

Chronologically Gifted Member
WMT Supporter
Joined
Jan 29, 2011
Messages
6,027
Reaction score
1,976
Jimmy, how about posting pictures and prices for all three? What city in Canada?
 

Rocky

Chronologically Gifted Member
WMT Supporter
Joined
Jan 29, 2011
Messages
6,027
Reaction score
1,976
Thanks, Jimmy. Those are some really good buys. I wish I were closer. Someone on the forum probably is. Can these be shipped to the US without too much hassle?
 

jimmyjames23

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2013
Messages
572
Reaction score
74
Rocky said:
Thanks, Jimmy. Those are some really good buys. I wish I were closer. Someone on the forum probably is. Can these be shipped to the US without too much hassle?
Probably with a little disassembly. Looks like the hopper would eat up most of that shipping cost due to its size.
 

novalou

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2013
Messages
429
Reaction score
44
Rocky said:
Thanks, Jimmy. Those are some really good buys. I wish I were closer. Someone on the forum probably is. Can these be shipped to the US without too much hassle?
Midwestsupplies.com has the hand crank painted crusher destemmer for $315. I may get that, it's pretty cheap!
 

jimmyjames23

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2013
Messages
572
Reaction score
74
Looks like shipping a large full size crusher to the US would be about $140 with the electric motor attached. So about $200.
 

n2tazmania

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2010
Messages
106
Reaction score
1
Mine is just like the picture you posted except my sides are wood. I got it for around $100 bucks on ebay with ~20.00 shipping. Just keep an eye out. One will come along.
 

novalou

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2013
Messages
429
Reaction score
44
novalou said:
Looking for a used crusher/destemmer.

Anyone downsizing or getting out of the hobby, please let me know.

Thanks
Still searching....
 

LoveTheWine

Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2012
Messages
524
Reaction score
124
I posted my own add on Craigslist (Vancouver Island): Grape crusher wanted $100 or less.

Within a few days I got a response and ended up buying this one for $50

crusher.jpg
 

novalou

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2013
Messages
429
Reaction score
44
LoveTheWine said:
I posted my own add on Craigslist (Vancouver Island): Grape crusher wanted $100 or less.

Within a few days I got a response and ended up buying this one for $50
I have one just like this. The one I'm after has the perforated basket underneath to catch the stems.

I might end up making one.....
 

jswordy

Wonderful WINO
Joined
Jan 12, 2012
Messages
4,722
Reaction score
4,010
WOW ... looking through the listing ... you NEVER see any of that equipment on CL here or anywhere within 150 miles of here. Every now and then you will see an "antique fruit press" for sale that's practically unusable for $200+.

I have access to a crusher but I too would like to have one and also a decent sized press. My press only holds 2 gallons of fruit at a time, which makes for a LOT of work.

BTW, Midwest did have a preorder sale going on the crusher mentioned here for $315. Price was in the high $200s.
 
2

Latest posts

Group Builder
Top