• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Crusher-destemmer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

novalou

Reaction score
Looking for a used crusher/destemmer.

Anyone downsizing or getting out of the hobby, please let me know.

Thanks

If you haven't already try posting wanted ads on Craigslist. You may have to bump every week or so. It's amazing what people have stashed away in their house or barn that they'll never list for sale on their own. I've had great luck with carboys, wine racks, gun safe, etc.

Novalou, I want to apologize. If my posting offended you, I am truly sorry. I did not notice that you are relatively new to the forum. Many people start by making kits, move to juice, then to fresh grapes. For that reason, many people are looking for a crusher or a crusher/destemmer (including yours truly). Depending on where you are in the country, you may find one on Craigs List. Here in Ohio, Craigs List is seldom effective and I am competing with several of our members so it would be a race to get to the seller. Ebay would be another source but most of those I have seen on there are very old, expensive and shipping would be high.

Good luck in your search.

Rocky said:
Novalou, I want to apologize. If my posting offended you, I am truly sorry. I did not notice that you are relatively new to the forum. Many people start by making kits, move to juice, then to fresh grapes. For that reason, many people are looking for a crusher or a crusher/destemmer (including yours truly). Depending on where you are in the country, you may find one on Craigs List. Here in Ohio, Craigs List is seldom effective and I am competing with several of our members so it would be a race to get to the seller. Ebay would be another source but most of those I have seen on there are very old, expensive and shipping would be high.

Good luck in your search.

No worries, not offended at all! :) I've been searching Craigslist and eBay for some time.

I rented one this past fall from my LHBS, was really turned off by having to power wash and scrub the heck out of it prior to my use.

So the search is on to see if I can score one used....

Niagara region Canada.

All large crushers from Italy.
The smallest is around 18"x18"
And will accept a motor to operate.

image-851125428.jpg

Thanks, Jimmy. Those are some really good buys. I wish I were closer. Someone on the forum probably is. Can these be shipped to the US without too much hassle?

Rocky said:
Thanks, Jimmy. Those are some really good buys. I wish I were closer. Someone on the forum probably is. Can these be shipped to the US without too much hassle?

Probably with a little disassembly. Looks like the hopper would eat up most of that shipping cost due to its size.

Rocky said:

Midwestsupplies.com has the hand crank painted crusher destemmer for $315. I may get that, it's pretty cheap!

Looks like shipping a large full size crusher to the US would be about $140 with the electric motor attached. So about $200.

Mine is just like the picture you posted except my sides are wood. I got it for around $100 bucks on ebay with ~20.00 shipping. Just keep an eye out. One will come along.

novalou said:
Looking for a used crusher/destemmer.

Anyone downsizing or getting out of the hobby, please let me know.

Thanks

Still searching....

I posted my own add on Craigslist (Vancouver Island): Grape crusher wanted $100 or less.

Within a few days I got a response and ended up buying this one for $50

crusher.jpg

LoveTheWine said:
I posted my own add on Craigslist (Vancouver Island): Grape crusher wanted $100 or less.

Within a few days I got a response and ended up buying this one for $50

I have one just like this. The one I'm after has the perforated basket underneath to catch the stems.

I might end up making one.....

WOW ... looking through the listing ... you NEVER see any of that equipment on CL here or anywhere within 150 miles of here. Every now and then you will see an "antique fruit press" for sale that's practically unusable for $200+.

I have access to a crusher but I too would like to have one and also a decent sized press. My press only holds 2 gallons of fruit at a time, which makes for a LOT of work.

BTW, Midwest did have a preorder sale going on the crusher mentioned here for $315. Price was in the high $200s.

Latest posts

Back