Mosti Mondiale Worried

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patc

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have not been on here in quite a while as i was moving. AAAARRRRRGH!!!! OOPs did i say that :) Anyway It's done and i am somewhat settled so i decided to pick up where i left off in wine making, to which i bottled everything before i moved except for A ren chilean viognier and a celler craft Washington Chard, so i picked up the paperwork to see where i left off and realized that i stabalized in JULY!!!!! Air locks have been kept full the whole time. Uh Oh so i pulled my bottles out and vinbrite filterand tasted the viognier and it tasted OK and the Chard tasted ok too actually pretty good
smiley1.gif
so i added a generous 1/4 teaspoon of k meta as i was out of accuvin testers racked filtered and bottled,My question is if something were wrong wouldn't i have tasted it? also in your opinion do you think it will be ok? I know only time will tell but it did taste ok. Also i realized i had fined before moving so it sat on the fining all that time again tasted ok but long term what do you think?

I think you are golden, seagrape. If the wine had been sitting on the dead yeast cells all that time there might have been a problem, but the fine lees don't seem to cause any trouble. Also, yes, you probably would have tasted any off flavors if there were any.

Welcome back!

I routinely leave wine in the carboys for a couple of years at a time. All I do is add the kmeta every 3 months and keep the airlocks full. Never had a problem and the wine is nicely aged. As long as it passed your taste test you should be fine, and the wine should taste great.

I have been so busy lately that I have a couple of carboys, which are well overdue for adding kmeta. Good thing wines is very forgiving...

Things like one's SUV blowing up 550 miles from home, requiring one to start shopping for another SUV can really get in the way. My SUV, in good condition, might have been worth (maybe) $4,000, but the repairs would have been over $6,000. (The transmission went out and took the engine and a rod with it!)

Not an experience I would wish on anyone.

Thank You all for easing my mind
smiley4.gif
I have three more kits that i need to start hopefully i can start soon. BTW i have been cracking open the ren australian Sauv Blanc and it is really good!!!!!! and it's only about 6 months in the bottle.

Latest posts

Back