WineXpert World Vineyard with grape skins

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big-al

Big Al
Reaction score
Looking to see if anyone has tried these kits. I have the GSM in bulk aging, myself and others are impress with it. Just wondering if anyone has done either the Cab or Merlot.

I just bottled the Australian Cab last night. I made some tweaks, so can't speak for how the kit would be according to directions. I used BM 45 as my yeast rather than the EC 1118 that came with it. I also added Lallzmyme EX and FT Rouge in primary. When the SG got to 1.030 I added Fermaid K. In secondary I added 1 lb of red raisins. I let it sit in bulk a couple of months past the recommended bottling time.

The result of all that is simply amazing. I have previously made the California Trinity Red from this same line of WE kits, so I didn't expect much since it's only a 12 ltr kit. And that grape skin bag was only about as large as the raisins I added in secondary. But I am totally surprised and delighted by how it turned out! Exactly like it says in the product description. I would call it somewhere between medium and full bodied with cherry, raspberry and black currant on the nose. On the pallet the fruit really stands out and the tannins give it a nice lingering finish.

As I was enjoying a glass after finishing with my bottling I was reminded of how much I like Cabernet Sauvignon. I'll definitely be making this kit again.

I just bottled the Australian Cab last night. I made some tweaks, so can't speak for how the kit would be according to directions. I used BM 45 as my yeast rather than the EC 1118 that came with it. I also added Lallzmyme EX and FT Rouge in primary. When the SG got to 1.030 I added Fermaid K. In secondary I added 1 lb of red raisins. I let it sit in bulk a couple of months past the recommended bottling time.

The result of all that is simply amazing. I have previously made the California Trinity Red from this same line of WE kits, so I didn't expect much since it's only a 12 ltr kit. And that grape skin bag was only about as large as the raisins I added in secondary. But I am totally surprised and delighted by how it turned out! Exactly like it says in the product description. I would call it somewhere between medium and full bodied with cherry, raspberry and black currant on the nose. On the pallet the fruit really stands out and the tannins give it a nice lingering finish.

As I was enjoying a glass after finishing with my bottling I was reminded of how much I like Cabernet Sauvignon. I'll definitely be making this kit again.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the cab.

I still haven't bottled my GSM. After reading the Tannin theard I ordered some and will be adding Tannin riche extra before bottling. Everyone likes the wine but felt something missing.

Latest posts

Back