WineXpert World Vineyard Trinity Red or Vintner's Reserve Mezza Luna Red?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScavengerNS

Junior
Reaction score
Hey folks.

My local store is having a large sale on some kits, and being a big red wine fan these two came up.

I don't mind a bit of oak, I prefer a darker colour, and I prefer a medium to full body (higher ABV generally better, within reason). Dry is also fine with me, I am not a large fan of sweeter reds. Most Italian reds have agreed with me in the past, but then again so have Californians.

They are essentially the same price -- any thoughts?

Thanks!

Haven't made the Trinity Red bit have done the Mezza Luna several times and really enjoy it. Not a top of the line kit bye one of the better lower end kits available. Probably the fullest bodied low end red I have tried.

Just an update -- went with the Trinity Red, launching the kit in a few weeks. Waiting on a Wine Kitz Traditional Vintage Valpolicella and a Wicked Hard Lime atm though!

Haven't made the Trinity Red bit have done the Mezza Luna several times and really enjoy it. Not a top of the line kit bye one of the better lower end kits available. Probably the fullest bodied low end red I have tried.
So how’d you find the trinity red

I did the Trinity Red earlier this year. It went into bulk aging in late February and was bottled in mid June. I ended up using some Red Star Premium Rouge (which foamed a bunch and overflowed the 7.9 gallon bucket) instead of the EC-1118. I tweaked the kit with 3/4 cup zante currants and 1/2 cup dried elderberries in the primary, along with about 1/2 tsp. Ft. Rouge tannin. I also used 1/2 cup medium toast American oak chips during the bulk aging. I think it was back in September when I last tasted it, and it was coming along fairly well. I'll probably pop a bottle around Christmas time to see how it's progressing, but I suspect it's going to end up pretty enjoyable for a 10L kit.

Latest posts

Back