Winter Storm

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AND THE SNOWBLOWER WORKS!!!!

Three cheers for Santa, but next time send a gallon of gas for it too....

AND THE SNOWBLOWER WORKS!!!!

Three cheers for Santa, but next time send a gallon of gas for it too....

The only thing I'm sayin to you is, DAM YOU FOR GETTING A SNOWBLOWER!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm thinking this snow is all your fault!!!!!

I'm loving this! In balmy Cleveland and so far we have about six inches and still snowing. I love being an "adult" and getting a snow day!

The only thing I'm sayin to you is, DAM YOU FOR GETTING A SNOWBLOWER!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm thinking this snow is all your fault!!!!!

Julie, usually it happpens opposite. You buy something and then never need it.
I saw on the news Butler is getting it the worse so far. I just blew about 6" out of my driveway.

We are getting hammered with snow and sleet, in anticipation of the storm, I drove my son to work....now I have to go pick him up....wish me luck...

Wheeeeeeeew~! Roads were horrible!!!!!! Gotta love my Dodge Ram!
Dan, let me know if you need any help with it, it's always a pleasure to help!

I'm thinking we got about 8 inches plus the freezing rain that we were not suppose to get.

Actually Julie, I was hoping that it would be money wasted, but I'm glad I got it and don't know why I didn't get it sooner....

We got around 8 inches overnight and the snow is just picking up good here. We arepecting another 8-12 inches here, a bit more to the west in the high peaks of the Adirondacks. I'm hoping the boys can handle the plowing for me. This cancer has me freezing all the time and sitting on an open tractor in the heavy snow with 20 mph winds and 20 degrees does not appeal to me at all. LOL

Kudos to all of my neighbors that watched me shovel out the thick wet snow that the snow plows deposited in front of my driveway as they tooled around with their snow blowers....lol!
Yep, this former back surgery patient even helped one of them get their minivan out of the driveway.....

Well we still haven't plowed ours out, tonight or tomorrow morning. We have jeeps and do not have a problem getting in and out.

we got very little snow compared to what the weather man was calling for, Just got lucky I guess.
Lets see some pics of the more heavier hit aeries.

A bit ago when Keith got done plowing the snow so far he measured it in an undisturbed area - 14 inches so far.It is still snowing and blowing and I got some pictures on the phone but need to wait until I get to the other computer with a transfer cable to put a couple here. This is one of those storms where we keep getting snow from Lake Champlain after the main storm has passed- kind of a backwards lake effect snow storm. These happen with early winter Noreasters when the wind blows from the ocean and across the Lake and dump it before hitting the mountains to the west.

IMG_20121227_123630.jpg

IMG_20121227_123642.jpg

IMG_20121227_123652.jpg

IMG_20121227_123700.jpg

We had snow to begin with, then changed to freezing rain and sleet, then all rain. Now we are dealing with the high winds...gusts to 50mph. Christmas decorations blown over, and the neighbor had those big christmas balls on one of his trees, and they are rolling down the street right now. Good day to stay indoors and make (drink)wine.

lol, I don't have to go back to work until the 2nd. I have not stuck my nose outside for the last two days! :db

The snow has let up now, although it will continue on and off all night. Right at the vineyard we ended up with 17 inches of new snow. That will bring the post cutting for the new vineyard to a halt for now until it settles. We have about 350 -400 of them cut out of 600 plus needed posts for the new vineyard.

We have jeeps and do not have a problem getting in and out.
I hear ya there Julie, my wife and daughter have jeeps, I have Dodge Ram, my poor son has a Taurus...I had to dig out the kids as they have absolutely no experience in snow.

Latest posts

Back