Winter has arrived!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a nice coating of frozencr%p right now. It cant decide if it wants to snow,sleet, rain or hail- so it's doing all and freezing on in the process! Gotta watch your step. Have a good trip Ramona and any other travelers out there.

The slight dusting of snow we got was gone quickly...Yesterday was awesome....sunny and warm. Put up a few outdoor Christmas lights.

We're staying home....expecting 13 people to feast. Going to serve the Cranberry wine I made earlier this year....It's pretty good considering it was made from store bought juices.

I love the fact that we can nip down to the local grocery and get what we need to start a country wine. We've made some very nice wines that way, but I do love the ease and convenience of the kits.

It only takes about three hardwood trees to heat my house for the winter in my add on wood burner. I then dig up to roots of the walnut trees and sell them to guys that make expensive gun stocks for rifel's & shot guns, this pays the gas furnace bill for the winter. Yes I do replant trees back 3 to 1 in the spring. Yes we received a inch of snow today, but not yet cold enough for the river to freeze so we can go ice fishing.

Well what a great day, but spoke to soon on the weather................

Cold front moving in rather quickly now, very breezy and getting cold now......... 50 ish...

Topped out at 28 today, about 14 now...flurries all day, finally made it to a day off tomorrow, maybe a little wine and dinner then!

I would love to have it be even near 50! But suffer I must...
smiley36.gif
Since it's dark outside I won't be going outside... I'll just have to stay in where it's warm... I've had turkey and pie so life is good...

This is what it looked like between the rivers yesterday.

100_1377.jpg

We had flurries all day today. It is supposed to get back up above normal again this weekend.

Latest posts

Back