winter fermenting

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrygirl

Reaction score
well, i've not fermented anything in a while...nothing since the strawberry breeze...i bought 15lbs. of triple berry blend at sam's today! blackberry, blueberry, and raspberry blend. i think this will be a fun one!!!

I ferment all year round with the aid of brew belts. That being said I havent started anything in awhile even though I was supposed to start 2 new batches on the first. Just didnt have it in me to bottle a few batches and promised myself I wouldnt start anything new until I bottled some of the older batches that have been aging for over a year now.

I kinda like fermenting now as I can ferment in a temp. range of @ 65 degrees. This gives me a slow fermentation and hopefully less loss of flavor.

My tropical breeze did start to get cooler after I started it so I added a low watt bulb between the two buckets with a towel on top (5 inches ) above the bulb. It keep it @ 65 degrees. Now that it's clearing the temps. have warmed up in my basement....go figure.

well, i've not fermented anything in a while...nothing since the strawberry breeze...i bought 15lbs. of triple berry blend at sam's today! blackberry, blueberry, and raspberry blend. i think this will be a fun one!!!
A nice 3 gal batch

just got the thawed out bags emptied into my bucket. they smell great...hope that translates into the aroma:D

well, by the time i put all five bags in, just enough warm water to bring it up to the line, the s.g. was 1.050!!! i only added about 1 lb. of sugar!
i guess i'm gonna make a trip back to town today and get some more and divide up the batch? i'm afraid if i add water to reduce the s.g., it will affect the wine and be too much in my bucket?

this has been a pretty slow ferment...not the active airlock i'm used to...
it smells wonderful.
and
i used the pulp in a second container with some sugar water and gonna try the rose'
will see how it goes!

this was going veeerrryy slow. there was ALOT of pulp! i have racked and strained until i'm stained, hahahaha, and now my airlock is burbling happily.

Latest posts

Back