Winexpert Vinyard Moscato Wine Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braden

Reaction score
I just started my wine kit yesterday. Just wondering on what temp I should be keeping it at while it’s fermenting. I read online that white wine should be anywhere from 45-60 Degrees F. On my instructions it says 68-77. Well I’ve been keeping it in my basement with a blanket wrapped around it and I’ve been checking it with a Laser Thermo. It’s reading around 67-64 on the bucket it’s fermenting in. Just wondering if this was okay?

I just started my wine kit yesterday. Just wondering on what temp I should be keeping it at while it’s fermenting. I read online that white wine should be anywhere from 45-60 Degrees F. On my instructions it says 68-77. Well I’ve been keeping it in my basement with a blanket wrapped around it and I’ve been checking it with a Laser Thermo. It’s reading around 67-64 on the bucket it’s fermenting in. Just wondering if this was okay?

It's desirable to keep whites on the cool side, under 60, to preserve some of the aromas and lighter compounds that can get blown off with a warmer, faster fermentation. That said, you'll be just fine in the mid 60's, I was making white wine kits in the mid 70's for years before having the ability to keep them below 60, they came out just fine.......Happy Fermenting!!

I’ve made this kit a few times for the wife and she loves it. I would assume the kit came with Lavlin EC 1118 yeast which will ferment out in just about any condition so no worries there but, cool slower fermentation is better

If you love a store bought Moscato wine you'll love this kit. It is on the sweeter side like most Moscato wines but it is delicious. A very good summer sipping wine. I honestly didn't keep it cool during fermentation and it still came out great.

Back