Wines from drinking juices, frozen concentrates?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those look good but I try not to buy to much over the internet and I am
a on the spot buyer, I see it I buy it. If I ever see this in a store
though I'll probably wipe out a shelf or two.

Thanks wadewade! I'm heading out today to look for some concentrate today! I'll have all my supplies stocked up and ready, just waiting for that extra carboy! Hmmmm! Soon??!!

wadewade said:
I have made a Langers grape juice not from concentrate and must say it tated like a Syrah.

wade wade,
Which Juice was used for this wine? I would like to try this as well. Thanks

I just tryed Welches for the first time and have a concord clearing/bulk aging and a niagra in the last stages of fermentation. Both smell very nice, especially the niagra(white grape). Be sure to use the frozen concentrate as it has fewer preservatives.

Pete

According to the brownwood site, they sell their juice at Krogers. I will be checking them out as well. I've been reading some great things about cherry wine.

OGrav,

I've made the cherry, red raspberry, and concord from Brownwood. I must say that the raspberry is my favorite, but the cherry is a close second. The concord came out much better than welches, but the concord grape has a foxy flavor that you either like or not. I have 6 gallons of it and have been experimenting with blending. I've found that a 50/50 blend of the concord with merlot is pretty good!

On both the raspberry and cherry, I added cans of Oregon raspberries and cherries to each wine in the primary. These two wines are well worth making!

pkcook said:
OGrav,

I've made the cherry, red raspberry, and concord from Brownwood. I must say that the raspberry is my favorite, but the cherry is a close second. The concord came out much better than welches, but the concord grape has a foxy flavor that you either like or not. I have 6 gallons of it and have been experimenting with blending. I've found that a 50/50 blend of the concord with merlot is pretty good!

On both the raspberry and cherry, I added cans of Oregon raspberries and cherries to each wine in the primary. These two wines are well worth making!

How many 11.5 ounce cans of frozen welches concentrateare you using to the gallon
smiley1.gif
???

I've made several wines from f.c. I learned early to add one more can of consentrate per gallon than is called for to make the juice. The wine will come out thin if you don't. This is my opinion and I like a full bodied wine. Trya gallon firstand see what you like. The worst that can happen is you end up with a gallon of drain cleaner
smiley36.gif
Merry Christmas.

pkcook said:
Hey dizzy,

Try visiting this place: http://www.brownwoodacres.com. These folks have pure concentrated fruit juice. I have used them repeatedly and have had nothing but good results.I've used Cherry, Raspberry, and Concord for wine and all have turned out very good. Onboth the Raspberry and Cherry winesIadded canned Oregon fruit to the primary; the concord I made strictly from the concord concentrate.Although a little on the high price side, the quality is incredible!

pkcook, I checked the website - how much juice concentrate do you use for what size batch?

thanks.

I've made wine from juice produced by Old Orchard, Welch's, Kroger's store brand, Langer's, whatever the comissary carries (that's different every time I go). All work, I just usethe brand that has a flavor I find interesting at the time.

Right now I have 5 batrches going; pitched yeast yesterday on two.

Hey linda0210,

The concentration rates vary with the different fruit. What I usually do is reconstitute the juice to the directions (example 1 qt concentratemakes 2 gallons) if I'madding additional fresh or canned fruit to the mix. If I go straight up juice concentrate, I hold back a little on the water (example 1 qt concentrate to 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 gallons). I prefer a heavy bodied wine, so if you prefer a medium bodied wine, just reconstitute to the directions.

The Cherry concentrate is 68 brix, which is up there. I think it reconstitutes at 1 qt to2 gallons.

Latest posts

Back