Wineexpert wine kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainayeh

Junior
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with this company? I bought one of their sherry kits and followed it although their instructions seemed not ordinary from other kit makers. Well, the kit failed, I could not achieve the sg in and tried hard as I can to get it going with no luck. Contacted company and shared my notes with them. After a while they agreed to provide me with another batch to try it again. This was last February. Well so far no luck, I contacted them a couple of time to see when and where I can pick up my kit but nothing. Their customer rep replied once stating she was on holidays, but will fulfill the order, well nothing. Is this a bad company to deal with? Is wineexpert a basement op with a quick con?

Interesting story. Winexpert is perhaps the best known of the kit companies, and has an excellent reputation for customer service.

Good luck with your next kit, Steve

"Excellent reputation for customer service" . Well I kind of thought so in the beginning when they showed interest but now I am beginning to think it has lost interest in this area. Too bad I was looking forward to using their sherry product since none else seems to sell it anymore.

I have done at least 8 of their wine kits with no problems at all. Bottled one today and have two more in the works. I'm sorry to hear you are having troubles.
I can't say I have ever had to contact customer service but if it were me, I would stay on them. One bad employee who doesn't want to do his job right shouldn't define a company. I ALWAYS make sure and ask the name of the person I am dealing with. They tend to feel more responsible to do the right thing in a timely manner.

I've only had good experiences with their kits. I used to work at a home brew store that sold them exclusively, so it's my default preferred kit provider. Sorry you had a bad experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I am certain this was just a bad kit and not a fair example of their stuff. Nevertheless I did expect them to honour their commitment to replace it. So far all I got is promises but no follow up. Now they won't even respond anymore, not sure I want to deal with a company that does this. I ll be looking for another supplier, too bad I had high hopes for these guys.

Latest posts

Back